Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Doily Day *Part 2*

This is part 2 of 2 for doily day (I made this day up in case you you're wondering what I'm blabbering about). For the second half of doily day, I thought we'd take a peak at photography including lovely little doily things.

via here


via here


via here


via here


via here


via here


via here

I can't say that doilies will replace the plate wall obsession just yet, but they're definitely tugging on my heart strings. I think I might need to buy some to adorn my packages; that might abate my growing desire to have them around.
Any new obsessions you'd like to share?

18 comments:

  1. Yay! Doilies rock! The "runner" on that vanity is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart! I love Doily Day!
    They are so pretty in that window scene.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Charmed giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new obsession is quite boring... but order. I've always loved to clean and organize, but lately I've had a stronger than normal desire to have everything in order. Neat rows, patterns, everything in its place... yeah, I'm weird...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit a penchant for a pretty doily. My boyfriend is quite against them but I try and sneak them in where I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so sweet! I love the last one, so simple yet so pretty.

    ...as for my new obsession...hmmm....well, as always, come this time of the year, I begin to search far and wide for that perfect new (RED) <-- hehe lipstick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew that first one had to be by Lisa Soloman, LOVE her work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. doilies! DOILIES! my grandma used to have 14 scrillion of them in her house. R.I.P. they are kind of funny looking to me, but also kind of adorable.

    latest obsessions (in no particular order): weeds (the show), scallops (the seafood), BOOTS. and probably a million other things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. um, yeah...I'm totally digging doily day. That first photo is too cute...and I love the ways people have come up with to incorporate doilies in their work. That banner and the stationery are especially fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Doily Day!!!
    I have a drawer full of them, such a great idea to place on little pressies!

    Have a great night!
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so beautiful. I love them. Hope you're having a great week. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVING the last 1! so sweet & nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grandma goes chic!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. doilys make me laugh :)

    Ps - new cool giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving bunting right now! We put up a burlap one that said Happy Thanksgiving across the mantle. It was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha ha! happy doily day :)

    I love them folded over a ribbon in front of a window!

    ps. EVERY time I see a plate wall, I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been liking pinecones recently.

    You might like this doily creation: http://lobsterandswan.blogspot.com/2009/11/first-snowflakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I was in Asia, they use doilies in the taxi seat! i bet their taxi drivers'wives made them...
    xo*

    ReplyDelete

I do my best to respond to your comments. If you are asking a question, please make sure to check back in the comments sections for a response.
Your comments make me so very happy. Thank you!