Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Little bits of fake food fascinate me

Dear Reader,
You may be asking yourself why the heck I would post what I'm about to post, and I'd like to say, for the record, I have no clue. I'm becoming fascinated (maybe obsessed is a better word) with itty bitty food replicas. I first posted food jewelry back at the beginning of February and then yesterday I came across this Japanese brand "Re-ment" on the UO website and, oh my goodness, I don't know what's wrong w/me but I'm completely in awe of these mini, perfect, little replicas. So, if you think this is strange, you're right, so feel free to skip this post (but you have to admit, these are cool right???). These little things do not serve a purpose whatsoever. They are not erasures, they're simply things to collect. UO is selling these as "blind-boxed" items, meaning that when you order you don't know which food replica series you're going to get.
Have a bite Miniatures $9
Source: UO
Currently, Re-Ment is only being sold as wholesale in the U.S. The Re-ment international website has tons and tons of options. Here are some of my favorites (let me reiiterate, these serve NO purpose).
This is from the "American Kitchen" series. It's entitled "Daddy's Power Lunch." Please note the "Re-Ment Times" and what appears to be a Starbucks cup.
This one is from the "Girls in the City" series.
"Hot Date after Work" Note the Tiffany's look alike bag and the uber cheezy caption.
Maybe a Mexican dinner? From the "Fun Meal" series.
source last 3 photos: Re-Ment International
I searched these on E-bay and came back with a plethora of options starting at 39 cents to $150+.
Minisweet Fondue Pot
source: doll miniatures
Ok, I think you get the point. I feel as though I've crossed some definitive line into geekdom. However, if by some chance, you are as fascinated by these as I am, please let me know. I need to know I'm not crazy!

2 comments:

flynn said...

you are a geek, but I know what you mean; they're just so correct proportionally. I got obsessed with the tiny produce - avocados, etc. - and got daikon radish earrings for a few people last christmas. (one note I got back was "thanks for the little teeth earrings!" though, so it may not be universally appreciated.)

Anonymous said...

What fun-don't feel silly, I'm just amazed with these as you are. Everything is just so much cuter in miniature form, don't you think? And that smore-making one is just too adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover