Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Instant Comfort

instant comfort box (so sweet!) by kim's little monsters (found via much love)
Wow ladies, you never cease to amaze me. I didn't do anything yesterday, just sat on the couch like a lump and read your comments and emails. I thought I was done crying, after all, isn't there some sort of capacity on tears? You'd think your eyes would just dry up, but no. Your comments brought me comfort and sadness as some of you shared your stories too. Stories of loss, of healing, of asshole doctors. Thank you. Thank you for sharing your stories with me. I know we've never met (most of us) but it doesn't matter. There's something special about women (and men too) rising up and supporting each other because our stories are universal. Miscarriages, as I mentioned yesterday, are incredibly common and although the statistics in and of themselves offer no comfort, our words and our sympathy for one another do. I've been blogging now for almost three years and each blogger decides how intimate they want to be with their readers. It's a personal decision for everyone, how much to share about their lives, and there's no right or wrong answer on where we draw the line. But I'm glad that I reached out to you, on your side of the country, on your side of the world and that you responded to me too. So thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you. 

4 comments:

Rhianne said...

I'm glad you did too, I've been reading your blog for almost as long as you've been blogging (and as long as I've been blogging) and I came back again today to read all your supportive comments, the blogging community never ceases to amaze me. I'm so glad it gave you comfort.

Jonna said...

How strong you are to share your painful experience, and so brave. You are an incredible person.

Sécia Mischke said...

I love these! So creative.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Sell WoW Accounts said...

that twill really make me feel ok.

and yes, everything will be alright ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover