Friday, July 22, 2011

Down and Out Beauty: 24 hour miracle cream

As an aesthetician, I have pretty high standards for skin care products. I've been in serious "like" with many moisturizers but never really in love.

I've had my eye on a French line called Embryolisse for a while. European skin care therapists and makeup artists rave about it but until recently it hasn't been available in the US. When I found out Camera Ready Cosmetics started carrying Embryolisse I jumped on it and bought Lait-Crème Concentré 24 hour Miracle Cream". Finally I'm in love!
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré $14-$25

This rich lotion is so versatile. It can be used as a makeup remover, moisturizer, and a foundation primer, which makes it ideal for traveling. Since it sets to a matte finish its suitable for combo, normal, dry, and sensitive skin types. The French tend toward a "less is more" strategy so the product has just one paragraph of ingredients with the main being shea butter, soy protein, and aloe. I love that its paraben and mineral oil free and isn't tested on animals. The old fashioned aluminum tube its packaged in allows me to use every drop of product and the tube is completely recyclable.

The best part is how it makes my skin feel, like perfectly functioning skin. Not dry skin slathered in oil. It reduces the redness in my skin and the ever present dry patches on the tip of my nose are no more. While it does make a beautiful canvas for foundation, I've found myself mixing my Chanel Pro Lumiere foundation with it and applying it with my fingers. It makes an amazing tinted moisturizer with a beautiful natural finish.

I really can't get over the price at $25 for the 2.6oz tube. What a steal! Give this multi tasker a try and tell me what you think.

- Layne
Layne is a licensed aesthetician and makeup artist working at Urban Sanctuary in Athens, GA. She writes the bi-weekly column, Down and Out Beauty.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover