Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Down and Out Beauty: Concealer Trick

Mac 224 tapered blending brush $29; Sephora Collection rounded crease brush #13 $17; sonia kushuk pointed blending brush $3.99     
I want to share with you one of my favorite makeup tricks. I always apply concealer with a rounded tip eye crease brush. I know that it sounds really simple but it will save you so much time when applying your makeup. The rounded tip and fluffy bristles allow you to pick up just the right amount of product and then buff it into the skin with circular motions. Traditional concealer brushes hold so much product that it easily becomes cakey and very hard to blend. This technique allows for a seamless flow between concealer and foundation and you may already have one these brushes in your makeup bag. With under eye circles and blemishes covered in a flash, you can sleep for an extra ten minutes in the morning.

-Layne

Layne is a licensed esthetician and makeup artist working at Urban Sanctuary in Athens, GA. She writes the bi-weekly column, Down and Out Beauty.

7 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

Love those MAC brushes!
... and I mix in a little drop of foundation when the concealer gets to thick.

Cheers!

designchic said...

A must buy for me...thanks for the tip!

Em-Jae said...

Clever! Love a great brush :]

Something Old, Something New said...

Great tip! I usually just use my finger but will have to try this out!

herecomesthesun said...

Love the tip, thank you!

jena said...

wow, I always use my finger to apply concealer, I've never even thought of using a brush. Hmm! I'm gonna have to buy one, give it a try!

alexandra grecco said...

thanks for sharing, lady ; )

xx
alexandra

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover