Some suggestions as you decide what to toss and what to keep:
- Have a look at all of your liquid makeup, foundations, concealers, and mascara. Look for any separation, color change, dry places, etc. The presence of any of these things means the item is not worth keeping, so toss it!
- Dry make up like eye shadows, blushes, and powders can be used until you've run out of the product.
- Keeping your brushes clean will keep powdered makeup clean meaning a longer shelf life.
Brightly colored eyeliners and mascaras are some of my favorite trends. To get the most impact with your lashes, apply one coat, curl your lashes and then apply a second coat. Paired with softly flushed cheeks and glossy lips, you'll achieve a clean, floral look.
Products to try:
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer $42
- Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eyeliner $18 (splurge)
- Sephora flashy liner waterproof $8 (save)
- Givenchy eye fly last extender mascara $27.50 (splurge)
- NYX mascara $5 (save)
Please send your makeup and skin care questions to email@example.com and I'll be happy to help.
Layne is a licensed esthetician and makeup artist working at Urban Sanctuary in Athens, GA. She writes the bi-weekly column, Down and Out Beauty.