Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Art: Emily Green

Each of these watercolors by Australian based artist Emily Green tells a unique color story. The colors are so vibrant and yet thanks to the watercolor medium and a talented hand, there's a lovely translucence to the color. I love all the little intersections of color where one circle bleeds into the next. The images remind me of organisms viewed under a microscope. If I stare at these long enough, I feel like I see movement. Kind of trippy, I know. Prints of these watercolor "clouds" can be purchased in Emily's shop along with her line of jewelry and scarves (check out her watercolor scarf, it's fantastic). 

2 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

wow! gorgeous colours and so much fun!
xx
callie

Anonymous said...

So much beautiful colour... I always love how watercolour blends.

~Bevolee

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover