Thursday, December 29, 2011

Art: Denise Nestor + Happy New Year

Expressive portrait drawings by Irish artist Denise Nestor. My favorite is the first one entitled, "Unraveled." I love the look on the figure's face and the bit of tattoo peeking out under sleeve. Check out more on Denise Nestor's Flickr page and website.

On a different note, how was you Christmas?! We had an awesome time with our family in Georgia. It was a very busy trip and I've decided I need a vacation after my vacation which exactly what I'll be doing this weekend. I'll be back to posting on January 3rd. I hope you have a very Happy New Year filled with love, good food and celebrations aplenty! xo

9 comments:

Kristin Rahn said...

I know exactly how you feel - Micah and I were visiting family in Michigan for a little over a week and now that we're back in North Carolina we're just exhausted!! Enjoy your post-vacation vacation and Happy New Year!

Callie Grayson said...

Beautifully drawn. I love how she added color with their clothing.
Happy new year to you!
Xx
Callie

Interior Design Directory said...

I like the guy. Very detailed. Happy New Year!

paperedthoughts said...

What A Beautiful blog.. I look forward to reading about your adventures in 2012 :) Peace & Love - Rin @ www.paperedthoughts.blogspot.com

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Beautiful, luv the pop of colors!
Happy New Year, Christina!!

xo*

avant garde design said...

wow, these are amazing. they each have their own mood and personality. i wanted to say...have a healthy and happy new year! i'm loving the fresh start to a brandy new year, i think it's going to be amazing! enjoy...

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

Love these drawings! I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year's Eve--hope it's bubbly and fun-fillled and also wishing you all bright and happy things for 2012!

xo Mary Jo

Gabbi said...

I love her work. My favorite is the Miranda July portrait with the little flags floating by.

Wishing you a very happy New Year!

Anna of IHOD said...

WOW! Very talented!

Thanks for all the inspiration in 2011 Christina!
Cheers!
Anna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover