Thursday, October 20, 2011

Elsewhere...

How's your week going? Since starting my new job a couple of weeks ago, you may have noticed a change in my posting frequency. For the past couple of years, I've managed to hold a full time position while posting (almost) twice daily and I'm coming to realize that it's simply an unreasonable schedule. I am not, nor have I ever been, a full time blogger and I like my job and don't plan on moving to full time blogging so I'm trying to maintain some balance and set some reasonable expectations for myself. That being said, my ultimate goal is to continue posting daily, M-F but I'm also going to calm down and not sweat it so much if I miss a day or two. I adore blogging but I think I'm a happier person overall if I cut myself some slack. I'm ready to stop putting so much damn pressure on myself, know what I mean? 
I haven't been entirely unproductive in the blogging realm though. Here are some roundups I've done elsewhere that I hope you'll enjoy:
...a fall decor round up for Natty Michelle. You can find prices and image sources right here.
... a round up of favorite items for the Lovely Clusters Fall/Winter issue
...my latest Papernstitch contributor posts can be found here and here
I feel like this is good time to reiterate how much I appreciate your comments, feedback and support. There are a million other blogs you could be visiting and I don't take your readership for granted. xo

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I totally understand what you mean. I often struggle to post more than twice a week! My biggest accomplishment is keeping the same blog going for two whole years. The internet is peppered with my abandoned blogs going as far back as 2002. ;-)

Also, I would very much like to curl up in that chair next to a fireplace with a book and some hot chocolate right now. But alas, I'm stuck at my day job until 4. :-P

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

That is an aggressive schedule even for a "full time" blogger! Yes, take off some of the pressure...I recently did and now aim to post three times a week. It's working for me, it's all about finding the right balance and what works within your schedule! Janell

Samantha said...

no worries. Once a day is A-0K.

Natalie Kilgore said...

Thanks again for putting such a beautiful post together for my blog while I'm away! Hope your new job is going well!

Rachel Follett said...

I completely know what you mean. Trying to balance your life and blogging is such a difficult thing. I have definitely taken it a little easier lately too. Thank you so much for posting about the catalog and contributing your favorites! :)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

You're amazing Christina!
Stay inspired always~*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover