Sunday, July 31, 2011

Thoughts on a rainy Sunday


views from our new porch on a rainy Sunday
It's a rainy Sunday here in Raleigh, here in our new home. We've been here for a few days now but I still feel slightly disoriented and out of place. The boxes lining the rooms of our home don't help the feeling of disorientation but we're working on creating a space all our own beginning with painting, hopefully this week. I've finally decided on a color palette so the most difficult part is over.
The move went well if you don't count the locked gas pump on our moving truck which the rental truck company had no explanation for. Luckily we were only delayed a couple of hours and I'd like to think I handled the situation with grace. I'm sure the woman who answered my roadside assistance call for help would beg to differ though.
We arrived on Thursday after a four day move back and forth from Athens and spent Friday and Saturday celebrating the nuptials of two of our friends. Friends from Athens actually stayed with us last night serving as a sort of helpful bridge to our new life here. We've had house guests all weekend and will have another friend of B's staying with us tonight. The great thing about about having guests when you yourself have just arrived in your home means you don't have to apologize for the lack of food, or the mess, or the fact that you have to weave around boxes to get anywhere. After all, you've just moved in so who's going to judge?
I wanted to thank all the amazing bright stars in the blogging world that helped keep the blog running while we moved: Pugly Pixel, Here Comes the Sun, Color Collective, For the easily distracted..., Pennyweight, Bright.Bazaar, Modish, and I Art U. I am so thankful for their help and their fantastic posts.
Thanks for all of your support and kind words as we make our way through this transition. Sometimes when I get discouraged or anxious, I read your kind words and I feel better. Maybe the rain is making me feel extra sappy, but I do believe you are the loveliest readers around. xoxo

9 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I miss sitting on a font porch during a southern summer rainstorm ~

Christina ~ I'm so happy for you and this new life with B! There is no doubt you will continue to handle all with grace and open mindedness.

Biaous,
Melissa

MissBliss said...

Rain is so lovely to calm during a move-- you just stop and enjoy.

Love that you've had friends around during the move-- those are good friends!

Don't forget music while you unpack and settle in...and wine!

Have my first giveaway up-- a book you may like :)

xo xo from Miami Beach

Unknown said...

Congrats on your move! I just made one too and it's no small feat--kind of like being in battle, but so nice to start getting settled in. Hope you find your new place even better than the last!

xo Mary Jo

Unknown said...

The smell of rain after a long summer day is so serene to me... Congrats on the move they are always full of surprises.....

Claire Kiefer said...

Moves can be so bittersweet. But ultimately, it will be exciting. I'm eager to hear how everything goes for both of you. Sending lots of love.

skintinthecity said...

Your porch looks lovely. Hop you get lots of time to sit and enjoy it.
Wishing you lots of happiness and success in your new home.
Skint in the City x

Kristin said...

Aw, so glad to hear you made it safely with only a few minor glitches. It's so nice of your friends to stay with you while you get settled. I hope you and B love Raleigh! kristin

Amy - Thank You Cards Shop said...

agreeing with skint - your porch does look lovely! that's wonderful that you're starting from scratch, creating a beautiful space to call home.

Rebecca @ Poshery said...

Welcome to Raleigh! I'm pretty new here myself, I only made the trek from PA in April. You'll get used to it in no time :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover