Monday, July 25, 2011

Guest Post: For the Easily Distracted

Hi Down and Out Chic readers! It's Rhianne here from For the easily distracted... I'm so excited Christina asked me to do a guest post, especially when she asked for it to be about toy cameras - if any of you read my blog then you know I love film photography so I jumped at the chance. I've had my diana mini for over a year now and it's still a camera that I'm learning more about everytime I use it and recently I've discovered an amazing combination which I just love and can't stop using. Diana mini with Ilford XP2 black and white film. I've used 4 films already since trying it and here are some of my favourites! Photo26_26Photo22_18APhoto05_5Photo27_27Photo12_12Photo32_28A
I was never 100% sold on taking black and white photos before, I loved looking at other peoples photos but I was always convinced that I loved colour too much to use a black and white film, until I tried this film. The soft tones of the film compliment the Diana’s use of light and the contrast looks amazing when you do double or triple exposures. It is definitely a film that you can build on. Perhaps my favourite part of this film is that it isn’t a true black and white film and if your lab accidentally scans it in colour then your photos actually have a slight purple tone to them which I’ve never seen before. Thanks for having me and I hope you like my photos. Rhianne

9 comments:

ashleyTIA said...

I know I've said it before, but there is just something about that lawn chair photo that jumps out at me.

Thanks for sharing your talent, Rhianne. <3

she. said...

these are wonderful

she. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i like that lawn chair photo :)

Jennifer Lee. said...

Will definitely be trying black and white film with my mini, the deck chair photo is great!

Diana said...

These are awesome pics, Rhianne. I think black and white photography is great if you're a beginner (i know you're a pro, though!) The black and white seems to be a bit more forgiving when developing film I noticed.

V.V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V.V. said...

Those are great photos! I always find black and white hard to do because you can't rely on the colour contrast to make your photos interesting... definitely like the chair and trees =)

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful shots, rhianne. though i haven't shot much film photos in BW, i'm a fan. grayscale really does cast a mood on the photos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover