Monday, September 27, 2010

Diana Mini Round II

If you recall, I've recently attempted to try my hand at lomography and I've started with the Diana Mini.   I recently shot two rolls and only a handful of photos came out.  The others, including photos of our honeymoon, were terribly overexposed or just plain white because I accidentally had the shutter mode set to "b" which allowed too much light in (so many things to think about before taking a shot!). Very, very disappointing and kind of a dumb idea on my part to depend on a finicky camera and my lack of skills to document our beach trip (what was I thinking?).   I'm not giving up though!  I will NOT be defeated by a piece of plastic. 
You can see the rest of my attempts on my flickr page if you feel so inclined. 

images: D&OC

15 comments:

Marcelo Costa said...

belos ambientes....

Rhianne said...

I've started chanting 'N not B' to myself everytime I carry around my holga or diana - I made the exact same mistake with both of them the first few times I used them!

These photos are gorgeous though, I love how the photos from diana mini's look, so pretty!

Color Collective said...

These turned out great!!

...love Maegan said...

ooh, they're very cool though. love the first one.

Elle said...

Your photos are lovely!

I think everyone has a horrible first roll experience, sort of like the sacrificial first pancake that never comes out right.

It's just a shame it had to be photos of your honeymoon! Congrats by the way.

Elle x

www.dianaminilove.com

drollgirl said...

i LOVE the first shot!

and i LOVE your perseverance! you will master this. YOU WILL!

Gina said...

I love the third one, so pretty! I still have this camera on my wish list...

Caitlin said...

I shoot lomography a lot. Most of the time, 1/2 the photos turn out. It is still a fun hobby, though!

ana b. said...

I definitely feel so inclined to peer at your flickr page! It's always a struggle at the beginning with new cameras, I find. It's like starting a new relationship - getting to know each other's temperaments, knowing what you both like, etc etc. I enjoy the graininess of the photos!

muchlove said...

great shots! I love the colours, especially the flowers.

beauty comma said...

i think they're cool! the third one with the white flowers is pretty... keep trying, you're already on your way to beat the plastic =)

Em-Jae said...

Yay Diana! I lovelove my Mini :)

Great shots, I hope you have fun with her!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Lomography is super hit-or miss (at least for me). But I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. These are lovely. I absolutely love the shot "18".

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

P.S. Are you feeling better?

Bromeliad said...

The ones that came out came out really well. I assumed they were from some artist you were featuring.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover