Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Interiors: Liv Lamp



Do you see that lamp?  It's the Liv lamp by Swedish designer Jonas Bohlin. I think in the wrong space, that lamp would simply look WRONG (to put it plainly), but the ethereal design of the pendant adds something interesting to these spaces. It's not a design I would generally give a second thought about (something about tulle as a lighting structure seems flimsy and very flammable) but now that I've seen it in these spaces, I kind of like it.  What do you think?

images: 1) Anna Kern 2) skona hem (via ish & chi)

12 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

I think with my bad luck that's a call to the fire department waiting to happen. But it's pretty though.

jdavissquared said...

I'd love to see it lit. It does seem kinda dangerous though!

Elise / Pennyweight said...

LOVE!

gina said...

It does seem flammable...but it's really pretty!

Silvia C said...

I agree. It looks great in those spaces somehow.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I wonder whether it's actually a fire hazard — you raise a good point! I would love to see a few lined up in a girly cafĂ©.

lisaroy said...

I definitely like it better in a bedroom than a dining room - I'd be worried that any candles at dinner would send it up in flames! :)

Callie Grayson said...

I like the second image application. It is kinda pretty.
xx
callie

Gabbi said...

yeah.... looks a little like a hazard, but i do love the way it looks in the bedroom. also, the portrait in the far wall adds to it.

Joie de Viv said...

I'm kinda digging it! Like a ballerina tulle skirt on the ceiling! :)

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

A Night of Fashions said...

very interesting lamp...the first photo of the kitchen is SO lovely, but as everyone has suggested, the fire danger is a bit too real...
Thanks for sharing!
~K

Samantha said...

There's a DIY for this lamp at CraftyNest.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover