Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Interiors: Cozy Country Chic Bedrooms






Country chic, shabby chic, cottage chic - what have you - this soft style is exceptionally soothing in the bedroom.  Layers of texture, distressed wood, and pale colors create a warm, cozy environment.  If I could choose a different genre of design for every room in a house (which I wouldn't, but let's just pretend) it would definitely be country chic in the bedroom.  So soft yet still sophisticated, these bedrooms make me want to curl up with a good book and stay in bed all day long.  Tempting, isn't it?

images: 1) efrantz. 2) dreamy whites 3&4) scanned via House Beautiful Sept '10 5) house to home (via)

11 comments:

red.neck chic said...

Number Two actually makes me want to clean my room and make my bed. LOL I should print that out and use it for inspiration...

;-D robelyn

Linzeelu said...

I am loving the second one, with the chandelier and old doors as a headboard! So cute!

flynn said...

that last one with the mustard coverlet is adorable. it makes me want to have a better made bed :)

sarah @ tiny bit of sparkle said...

those weathered doors as a headboard! AMAZING! peoples' creativity never ceases to amaze me. :)

Len♥reNeverM♥re said...

too bad I can't hang anything heavy above the bed, I live in earthquake country! Wooden panels on my head isn't very pretty~haha*

xo

Poor Fish Girl said...

Love #2! I would totally do this kind of look but I think my boyfriend would have a fit (too girly). we're in the process of finding a happy meeting place. {My taste 80% his taste 20% :)}

Stephanie Ann said...

Those last three just make me want to crawl up in bed and nap!

Michelle said...

ooooh they are gorgeous. I am lucky enough to live in a cottage in the country in Ireland but alas my rooms aren't as stunning as these.

Tejae Floyde said...

So amazing. All of them look so soothing and peaceful.

xox

Bromeliad said...

I love those rustic wood doors as a headboard.

Holly Knitlightly said...

Beautiful! Everything looks so comfy and cozy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover