Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Handmade Laptop Sleeves

As I mentioned in my Sunday post, B and I were gifted with a new computer this weekend.  It's a 13" MacBook pro and to say that I love it would be a mild understatement.  Since we received the computer, I've been on the hunt for a gender neutral, handmade laptop sleeve.  "Gender neutral" is easier said then done.  Here are some of the ones I found and liked:























1)Laptop Sleeve Hessian pale blue and red canvas $60 via ambette 2) Laptop Sleeve in Echino Scooter Fabric $28 via Creating Things 3) Grey Wool Felt and Brown leather $74 via byrd & belle 4) Honeybear Laptop Sleeve $37.95 via Lollington

Here's the one I purchased. I like the retro feel of the stripes and the bike is fun yet still "gender neutral" AND the addition of handles means there's less chance of my dropping it (hopefully).
Vintage Bicycle on Stripes $48 via Track and Field
















There are lots of girly options at Track and Field, including bags with doilies that I was very tempted to buy.  I suppose a doily isn't gender neutral though.  What do you think of my choice?  Do you have a source for laptop bags?

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love that first one. It is really cute.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Lauren Jade said...

i love the bear! but im from Cali so I would :D

Unknown said...

you are gonna LOVE that computer! that's the one i have and i swear it is my baby. yay for you!

ChickAdvisor said...

I've never been able to decide on a laptop sleeve. Some of these look pretty awesome tho.

Jennie Bee said...

I love the one with the scooters! cute! I can't wait to get my MBpro!

Anna @ IHOD said...

I have been wanting one for my macbook. Added these to new faves. You are going to LOVE yours!! It goes with me everywhere:)

justagirlLaura said...

That's great! I have a macbook and have never been able to decide on a sleeve of choice. Gonna have to soon before I visit Georgia next month!

stephany said...

go with the bike one! it's adorable!

stylenuggets said...

Nice choice of laptop bags. Still looking for a laptop that'll fit my (miniscule) budget. I like the one with the scooters best.

Gabbi said...

I need and want!

Beach House Living said...

I used to have MAC's and did buy a used G4 with an immense screen that's been sitting for like 3 years now. I've been tempted by the laptop so it's good to know you like it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover