Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Environments

The environments photographed by Olga Bennett are just that, spaces people inhabit without the stiff overuse of styling and contrived perfection.  Just seemingly real moments, captured in someone's space that are natural, organic, unforced.

































































For me, these photos are a breath of fresh air after flipping through numerous photos of perfect spaces, spaces so tightly controlled that one slight movement of an object would render it all wrong.  Call it chaos, call it clutter, call it sloppy...I call it life.  I often wonder what my home, my environment says about me.  What does your environment say about you?
{images via Olga Bennett seen on much love}

11 comments:

drollgirl said...

these are lovely settings, for sure.

it gets REALLY OLD to see sleek and perfect (AND COLD AND UNCOMFORTABLE LOOKING) settings in all of the decor magazines. these shots show lived in, functional, warm and comfortable spaces.

lisaroy said...

I love these pics - so real life!
my space would probably say that I love decor but my favourite things are to mix in some quirky things and old pieces that have history and a story to tell. a space should show your personality and not look like a showhome. : )

Unknown said...

i'd LOVE for my bedroom to be the top pic - seems "worn in" - and i like that about bedrooms!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Samantha said...

Lovely photography.

My space says "she abhors clutter."

Jen said...

My sarcastic mother always said she wanted her house to look like people actually lived there. I love this mantra! I've tried to stick to it--creating a home that reflects our style without feeling stuffy. After all, what makes it ours is us!

gina said...

My environment says that I like to collect things...ad that I like to jump around from project to project. I get bored doing the same thing for too long!

Tiffany said...

I need to work on my environment and make it more relaxing and suitable for my needs. I have too much chaos.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

corporate training program said...

Old, slightly beat up furniture, mess on the desk and trinkets here and there are a sign of life, that's why I love these so much. Way better than chrome and glass.

Kerry said...

That first image took my breath away. As a confirmed boho, I love the layers and textures and general comfortableness. That's what I try to achieve, but not as wonderfully as that I'm afraid...not quite!

olga said...

Thank you so much for your lovely post! I got tired of perfect styled spaces myself and I'm glad to hear it's not just me :)

Diana said...

I could only live with so much clutter. There's creativity and borderline insanity. I just cleared mine and now it's more of an organized mess, but it's not pretty when you start to lose things.
I do love the nicely stacked books.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover