Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Art: Casey O' Connell

One of my favorite things about blogging is being contacted by artists whose work I am all to eager to share.  Casey O' Connell is a talented painter whose imagery evokes a kind of whimsical romanticism.  Her talent with a paint brush is exceptional and her work is accessible plus she's humble and kind to boot.  Needless to say, I'm a huge fan.  Here are some of my favorite works:
Thirty Candles 36"x36"






















































When Freckles Collide 36"x60"













My Sugar 24"x24"






















I'm moved and impressed by this evocative work.  Makes me want to dig out my own paintbrushes and start creating something.  Thank you Casey for sharing your work with us!
Casey's Links:
*Website
*Shop (wall graphics)
*contact artist for quotes on paintings
~

The winner of the Shabby Apple Dress giveaway is...














Ashley Nicole! Congrats, I'll be e-mailing you shortly :)

10 comments:

Morgan said...

Love Casey's work! First learned about it on Noami's blog and happy to see more!

Gabby said...

I'm such a fan of her work. It's gorgeous!

Melanie's Randomness said...

I love her work!! "But we don't dance" is too cute!!

Christina said...

Morgan- i knew i had seen her work somewhere but couldn't put my finger on it!

Pinecone Camp said...

I love these! My fave is "my sugar". Love her colours.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Her work is phenomenal!!

Gabbi said...

I adore her work, the intricacies are gorgeous and it exudes such love doesn't it?

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Lovely works...such delightful colors as well!

pita bread said...

When Freckles Collide is beautiful. Made me smile, plus it's got my fave colors.

stacy di said...

ooh!! I really love her work. thanks for sharing!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover