Saturday, August 1, 2009

Choose one room, part 2

A while ago, the ever gracious Alek at From the Right Bank to the Left Coast declared (and I say "declared" b/c she is the creator of this challenge) round #2 of "What's Your Style in One Room Challenge." This was difficult to do the first time around, but the second time was even more brutal. I kept finding rooms that were almost perfect, but not quite, and just when I thought I found the room that best "defined me", I'd find an even better one. Whew.

3rd Place (and no, this is not a competition, I just had to share these other rooms)
There's something about this room that's so calming to me. There's not a lot going on but there are books, a low lying bed, and a fantastic distressed frame. Still, there's no color and, therefore, I can't commit.
via The City Sage
2nd Place
Mmmmm, I really like this room. It's an eclectic mix and there's that pop of color I so desire. I want to get a pair of thick socks and slide across that beautiful wood floor. Still, there's something that's missing for me.
source Nuevo Estilo {via Delight by Design}
Winner!
I choose this room to "define my style" for a few reasons. First of all, it looks like a room I could simply inhabit. So my styled rooms feel unwelcoming to me, put I think I'd be right at home plopping down on that modern couch. Secondly, there's lots of color against a neutral backdrop which makes for a space that can change up easily. Thirdly, there's art and texture and plenty of prints to be had. Finally, is that peacock I spy?!
via Home Sweet Home
If you haven't taken this challenge yet, you can read all about the idea here. If you haven't completed round two, chop-chop and get to it...I want to see your amazing choices!
Hope you're having a great weekend!!!
{Oh, and don't forget- Alek and I have a new collaborative series coming up with the first installment on Tuesday. Don't miss it...}

30 comments:

###### said...

i love the bed picture..there is something about a room that is not over done that grabs my heart. to much sh*t can just drive me nuts.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I really like your final choice - such a happy room!

Now what's this...you and Alek? Could the blogging world get any better? Two of my favorites collaborating - YIPPEEE, YAHHHOOOO!

Arushi Khosla said...

Loving the bedroom. It's so eerily calm that it's infectious..know what I mean?

Diana said...

super choice! i want that yellow couch!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

The bed room is so dreamy...
le sigh*

~xo*

Unknown said...

Wow. As soon as I spotted your winner, I thought how perfect. It even reflects the styles and posts I see on your blog. I'm surprised at number 3 - it's so bare. That's an interesting side of you, I think.

beauty comma said...

I like all three of them - which describes the problem. I'll never be able to sign up for Alek's challenge because I'd change my mind two days after I submitted my chosen room. I'm very impressed with anyone who manages to decide!!

Unknown said...

like you, i really like the 2nd room, but i also think there's something missing, and i just dunno what it is!

Keith said...

Those are fantastic. Hope you've had a great weekend. Cheers!

Kristen said...

I am starting to warm up to monochromatic rooms.... maybe a guest bedroom. But I love your WINNER room. This was really hard for me the first time... but I'll give it another try!

inkWELL Press said...

Great room - I love that rug... and the yellow couch... all of it.

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I LOVE YOUR ROOM!!! Anthro, right? I've loved that blue chair and tufted coffee table since I first saw them. And paired with that yellow couch and all those beautiful accessories in that bright space, it is so pretty and relaxed. I could totally see you living (very happily) in there. Thanks so much for taking the challenge! I knew you were up to it!!!

drollgirl said...

what a cool challenge -- i must read up on it!

and i like all of the choices, but i agree that #3 is the best. it has personality and style, and it looks fun, too! :)

Swetha said...

i love the bright room with red curtains... its so lively!!

Gabbi said...

Great challenge! I loved your first choice and the 3rd also. The washed out look is very cool. But yeah, don't think I could do it either. It'd probably depress me a little in the mornings.

Off to read more on 'What's your style'.xo

Unknown said...

all great choices. I definitely love the last one though!

Rachel Follett said...

I love these spaces too! I have tumblr'd all three of them from all of those same sources. You have such great taste.

Also thank you for your hilarious comment on my lovely clusters blog. It made me giggle. :) Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Sam said...

They are all gorgeous but number three is my fave because it looks like you could really kick back in there an have some serious relaxation time and fun.

bananas. said...

the winning room is so the best room and so what i would imagine your home to look like. great choice lady! happy sunday!!!

Jen said...

These all make me want to have a house of my own to decorate!

. said...

Great winning room!! Love it.

Iva Messy said...

oh THIS will be a great collaboration! Very exciting. These are all great choices. The last one is the most fun, and I can see a bit of you in each piece of that room: the colors, the paintings, the pillows, the rug, the magazines, that awesome chair and cool couch! way perfect choice! :) hope you had a great weekend!

Blair Friedeman said...

Adore the room that you chose as the winner! That carpet is stunning.

Rachel said...

Ooh, I love this challenge. I would love to just steal your first room choice (from the first round) because it easily defines my style!?!

Sierra said...

What a fun challenge, and I agree, I feel like something is missing in the 2nd and 3rd place winners, maybe something on the wall? Love the winner's room, so amazing and fun at the same time! Great incorporation of color as well.

naphtali said...

what a great challenge and fun idea. My mind is spinning right now....but, wow - what a hard thing to do! I think it would be tough to commit. Hmm. Love your "winner" though - it's amazing, really. Love they way color was used and all the great eye catching pieces.

Samantha said...

Nice choice. Soothing and interesting at the same time.

Also, really like that couch.

Dallas Shaw said...

don't even know where i'd begin

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

kadler said...

If you were a room, I'd definitely live in you.

Aline said...

I could totally see myself in that last room too...I love the others as well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover