Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hump Day Spotlight: From the Right Bank

Happy Hump Day everyone! Most of you probably know and already adore this week's "spotlight" but if for some reasonyou've been in the dark, allow me to show you the white (I mean light.)
From the Right Bank to the Left Coast is authored by Alek, a person who likes to move around and who's lived in "over a dozen cities and at least two dozen apartment/flats/houses." She recently made the move from Paris to the Pacific Northwest and her blog is pure, unaltered interior design goodness.
Alek is also the creator of the popular challenge I'm sure you've all seen, "What's your style in one picture?" I encourage you to check out this latest challenge and participate because it's fun and I'll be posting my most recent favorite room soon.
I'm going to stop blabbering now, here's how Alek answered my three questions:

Describe yourself in three words...
Curious, impressionable and optimistic.
via James Merrell
If you can redo your whole house in a different "style" then it currently is right now, what would it be and why? No constraints on money whatsoever.
Right now I'm obsessed with all white Scandinavian interiors. I'd want everything white: walls, floors, furniture, rugs...I live in a contemporary house and I think it could totally rock a mix of all white modern pieces with just pops of color thrown in.
via Philippe Starck
How do you define success? I know this is broad, but you can answer it from a career, blogging, lifestyle stand point. However you want.
This is a tough one! But this quote by Christopher Morely has always stuck with me: "There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." It may seem cliche but I really do thing that's it in a nutshell. And I should know because I'm getting odler and wiser by the minute. Ha! Well, the older part is true anyway. Knowing what makes you happy and fulfilled in life and then having the luxury to be able to live that out - what more can any of us ask?
via Interiors Magazine
I gave Alek a couple of harder questions because I knew she'd handle them gracefully and that's exactly what she's done. Anyway you may recognize some of Alek's own home from around the web as it's friggin GORGEOUS. One time, I actually posted a picture of Alek's home unknowingly and was quite embrassed when she left a comment saying, "that's my house."
This is Alek's bedroom...looks like something out of a magazine, right?
Sorry Alek, I hope I'm not embarrassing you, but seriously will you come decorate my house if I ever get around to purchasing one?
{previous two images are from Alek's home}
Alek and I have a little collaboration coming up shortly entitled "Orange Crush" (I'll give you two guesses as to what the topic is). Oh, and don't forget to say "hi" to Alek over at From the Right Bank. Have a fantastic Hump Day!
~Christina

26 comments:

PS~Erin said...

Love her and her blog!

Waxy said...

That white chandelier has left me breathless...

bananas. said...

alek is the bomb! love her and her blog :)

stacy di said...

Beautiful! and I agree...that chandelier is amazing!! I'm off to go check out her blog...

Anne @ The City Sage said...

I had NO IDEA that alek's house was so stunning! That bedroom shot is absolutely sublime. What a great interview--thanks to both of you!

Iva Messy said...

WOW!!! her bed is just beautiful!! LOL I have to say that is great that you posted her pictures without knowing that it was her home! She seems so wise with a great foundation. I love when people are grounded and you can clearly see that from her answer to your question about success. Beautiful quote, and I completely agree. She answered all three questions, just like you said, gracefully.

Christina, I really love the way you fuse the heart of a blogger and their style so well in your 'hump day spotlight'.

Now, I should get going and hop on over to her blog for a little 'hello' by way of Down and Out Chic.

<3,
Iva

Felicia|DaLipstickBandit said...

i love her!

Magchunk said...

I hadn't ever been to her blog, so thank you for sharing! Her house is gorgeous!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Christina! You're such a sweetheart. To be featured on one of my favorite blogs is fantastic in and of itself but all the kind words! Really girl, you're making me blush. And I'll be over the minute you buy a house. You SO don't need any help in decorating so I'll come by to hang out and mix drinks. How's that? :) Thanks again! xoxo, ALEK

leni said...

I love the white chandelier!

flynn said...

These images are lovely (it's pretty adorable that you guys have new person crushes on each other, too :) I'm getting more into these white interiors the more you put them up. I think it may be time to paint ...

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

What a lovely house. Pure white, pure intensity!

Samantha said...

Already found (and love) her blog via your blog. Isn't that rumpled bed amazing?

ticklishfromadistance said...

Her blog is one of my faves. She is quite the talent. I love her style. Thanks!

Callie Grayson said...

I love Alek's sense of style and her home is amazing!!! Her bedroom just whispers "cosy" in a loud voice:)
Her blog is on my daily read list, along with yours!
Christine, thanks for doing these spotlights.... it's fun to get to read about our fellow bloggers.
xx
callie

nelya said...

So wise, at such a young age I might add! ;0)
Beautiful home, beautiful images, and beautiful words from an equally lovely lady. Thanks for sharing Alek and Christine.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I love her blog, and it's so wonderful when two great blogger gals collaborate! I can't wait to see what the orange crush is all about....

me melodia said...

fabulous!

Charlie said...

Alek's blog is one of my favorites. Great questions, her answers are very inspiring. Love the image especially her bedroom photo. Great interview!

Charlie said...

I just have too add, can you detect the love in my previous comment?

Aline said...

I love these because you always introduce me to the best blogs!

naphtali said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! And I do love her blog too.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I'm glad to visit a great blog. Smart posts and beautiful photos. I like to contact people, all over the world, by his blogs.Would you follow me,because I'm afraid to lost your blog?I'm waiting your visit. Thank's

Diana said...

i wish i could say i lived in a dozen cities!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Oh my goodness! I totally have that bedroom saved in my file of inspirational spaces! And I had NO idea it was Alek's! How funny! The girls got GREAT taste! Thanks for this fun little interview!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover