Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bloggie art in my home makes me very happy

I thought I'd take you on a mini tour of some of the artwork in my home. Nothing fancy, but I think you may recognize some of it from fellow bloggers. Yup, not only do I have computer buddies, but some of you have managed to infiltrate my home. (Please forgive the quality of these photos and my new camera and I are still getting to know each other.)

Below is a vintage "gossip table" that I fell in love with. Please notice the two side doily mirrors given to me by the wonderful Diana at Our City Lights. It was like magic, one day I went to the door and poof!, these bad boys were sitting on my doorstep. Diana had them in her home and didn't have the heart to throw them away and she believed I would give them a good home. She was right and every time I see them they make me smile. Thank you Diana. (You're probably thinking, "that's not art work" but to me, these are as special as any piece of art, so there).
Here is one of the walls in our little living area. Being small space dwellers, B and I have had to double, sometimes triple the functionality of our rooms. Our living room serves as a TV room, and office, and currently our bedroom because since the roach incident, I can't sleep in our actual bedroom.
This is a lovely watercolor print by the very talented Laura Trevey (she's a watercolor wizard). Laura has two creative blogs found here and here.
This is one of B's pieces. He's been drawing a lot of fish lately and they're all unique and pretty great (if you want my opinion.) To say B is a man of many talents would be a ridiculous understatement.
One of my very favorite pieces in the house (if not my favorite) is this giraffe by the hilarious blogger Lenorenevermore. How I got to be so lucky as to obtain one of her pieces is happenstance really or just pure generosity on her part. She doesn't currently have a shop, but she should.
The next two portraits were done by yours truly. This one is actually a self portrait I drew in the midst of my social work experience (some time ago). It's a pretty honest reflection of how I felt while investigating child abuse.
I drew this of B more recently while under the influence (so to speak). It was a quick sketch but he's in there for sure.
These two beauties are by the amazingly talent Sam of Matou en Peluche. Remember her previous giveaway? She's such a sweetheart and I hope to have more of her work soon. These are sitting on a shelf in our sea foam bathroom.
There's more from where those came from! I hope you enjoyed your mini tour. My "collection" is small but it's growing steadily. Do you have art from people you know?

47 comments:

Samantha said...

I love the two portraits you did!

What kind of camera did you get?

Kellie Collis said...

So much lovely art!! Beautiful!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

lots of nice pictures. Love your sketches.

PS~Erin said...

First off, wow! What a talent you are!!

Love the wall arrangement. The different shapes and art you put together looks so great. The art you've highlighted is wonderful.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

You are a very talented lady! I love the drawings you did. Mr. Giraffe is quite handsome. xo

heisschic said...

how did i not know you could draw? hmph i feel cheated. iiiii'm not sure how, but still.


love the giraffe. yep.

bananas. said...

k wait a minute...you can draw? like really good draw??? wow. i'm very impressed and kinda wish i had some of your art.

Sunshine said...

That is so cool! I can't draw to save my life. I have some art that my husband did, and I just recently recieved apage out of a French book that was drawn on by La Marquise des Anges. It's really pretty and just needs a frame now.

Kristen said...

You and B are quite talented! Wow! And I love all of your beautiful pieces. Most of the art in my place right now is by Curly Girl...

noone said...

cute living room area... and I LOVE that rabbit painting!!

Southern Aspirations said...

Great art! I did not know you sketched!

I am just adding/beginning an art collection and in some ways have gotten to know people by getting their art (like Jean at Fine Art Daily). I haven't yet bought one of Laura's watercolors, but one is definitely on my list! Such talent out there!

Ginger said...

Wow. The self-portrait is absolutely amazing; I tend to avoid portraiture, as I always feel capturing a person on paper is too hard to do, but yours has real vitality and movement in it; definitely evocative. I wish I had art from people that I know! I just have my stuff on my walls . . .

Waxy said...

Lovely art - agreed that your giraffe drawing friend needs an Etsy shop!!!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Are those ink or pencil portraits? I love drawings (I'm doing a bit of it myself these days) and yours are awesome. Truly. I think they're my favorite. And I totally agree B is one talented dude. I have a lot of artists in the family so I have some drawings, sculpture and other pieces passed down to me and they're some of my favorites. We also buy art - paintings mostly - when we're traveling, from artists we meet. They make great souvenirs and I love supporting local artists.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Christina it looks so great! I love all of it. Especially B's fish! I want one! He needs an etsy store and ma dear so do you. How amazing are those potraits! Love them!

vicki archer said...

Fantastic art - thank you for the tour. I love seeing what you have collected. Great portraits too, xv.

ticklishfromadistance said...

How cool. You are quite the talent.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Your portraits are great. What a fun art collection!

TheBeautyFile said...

Oh wow! These are amazing!! I love all of them....you are a great artist!!

Laura said...

Your blog is fab sweetie and I can see that we have a lot in common just with your style. To put a smile on your face, stop by and enter the 'What makes you smile?" giveaway...good luck!

naphtali said...

Thanks for the sneak peak! What lovely pieces. :)

leni said...

I love the portraits and the little giraffe also!

Unknown said...

I love the the giraffe pic, and great portraits!

Sanity Fair said...

This post makes me so happy! It's so delightful to have REAL art in the home (not those horrid prepackaged things everyone ends up with today. Or posters). And even better to have it by friends, or pieces you create yourself. I think artwork and original photography should become more common as gifts - I know they tend to be a little more expensive/personal, but when done well it provides enjoyment for years to come.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I adore that giraffe! There should be a petition to get her to open a shop!

Sierra said...

How awesome that you have beautiful art infiltrated in your home! I should definitely invest in my friend's art...how amazing!

Sam said...

Thank you Christina it's so great to be part of your collection! You've got a mini art gallery in your home!! ....I love your work too - are those two portraits in ink? You've definitely got something going on there!

Elizabeth Marie said...

How fun to have art that makes you think of friends when you see it! And your sketches are amazing.

Christina said...

thank you all for the kind comments about my "sketches." yes they're in ink (india ink to be exact). i have an art degree but haven't done anything in some time, so they're a little rusty to put it mildly!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

If you can sketch like that 'under the influence', then what other masterpieces do you produce when not? WOW!

And the giraffe is spectacular!

Yes, I am lucky enough to be married to an artist, so his stunning talent surrounds me daily!

Iva Messy said...

WOW! you are such a great bloggie friend. Such amazing pieces from the other bloggers. I'm especially liking the giraffe. Your place really looks beautiful.

I cannot believe what a talented artist you are. I would truly love to see more pieces by you. You did a beautiful job on your self portrait, its very nice. Its obvious you were very tied to your work {maybe even still are}. I can not even image what you had seen.

B is a great artist himself as well. I love how proud of him you are.

Yes, I have TONS of pieces by my mom. She is such a talent. She even does amazing wall murals. Fascinating. I can do stick figures, and not very well either lol :-/

great post. I feel like I just got to know you a little bit more.

thank you!

<3,
Iva

PorkStar said...

WOW nice, those are pretty awesome!

drollgirl said...

good GOD you have amazing stuff in your place!!! AMAZING!!! and you know what?!?!? i LOVE the fish drawing by your man! and you can draw CIRCLES around me!!! i love your drawings!!!! bah! you are out of control cool amazing!!! gah! i am having trouble expressing myself here!!!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

You have a CHARMing vignette darling! They are not matchie-matchie, but they go so well together~fab! I'm glad MR G has a good family now...love your portraits too... ps: thank you Christina, for your kind words, means a lot to me...~SMILEsss*

Unknown said...

I must admit ..I LIKE YOURS BEST!

Yansy said...

You have an amazing talent. I love all of the pics you shared with us. You are such an inspiration.

inkWELL Press said...

I love that your artwork is all so personal. I love that every piece in my house was done by someone either in my family or who I know personally. It just makes it mean a little bit more I think.

Keith said...

Great photos. I loved them all. I hope you've had a nice week.

Anonymous said...

I almost only have art from people I know! It feels more like a "home" that way. very pretty portaits by the way!

Unknown said...

impressive work. thanks for sharing.

kadler said...

You are one lucky, lucky gal :)

Gabbi said...

Gorgeous collection, the best is the personal aspect of it all!♥

Michelle Marie said...

I love how perfectly they blend together, despite their differences it is as though they were made to be together :)

Aline said...

you are quite a talent and I love all of the work that you have picked up!

UU said...

loved it loved it loved it!!! my house is ready for you to practice~~

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, so lovely!I think you have quite the collection--I only wish mine was so lovely! Hope you had a great weekend.

Diana said...

the mirrors look amazing! you did a great job!

and i love love that photo of your man!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover