Monday, June 29, 2009

Wishlist: Retro inspired One Piece swimsuits

I realized that summer is in full swing (it was suffocatingly hot this past weekend) and I have been completely silent regarding swimsuits. Part of this is my normal aversion to trying on anything mainly comprised of spandex, and the other part is that I don't see a beach trip in my near future.
Regardless, this years trend of retro inspired bathing suits makes me incredibly happy because it means those halter topped, boy short type bottoms are super easy to find. There's also no reason to pay a lot because the selection is incredible and at these prices, you can buy a few.
Here are my choice for ONE PIECE bathing suits...I'll talk all about bikinis when I'm feeling a bit bolder.
UO has been ahead of the game with their swimsuits for some time now, so I can't leave them off my list.
Kimchi Blue Polkadot Swimsuit $79.99 (was $98).
Victoria Secret is my go-to for last-minute, super affordable swimsuits.
Eyelet bandeau one-piece $28.99 (originally $98)!
I like the idea of "firm control" (whatever that means).
Firm control twist-front one-piece $100 (was $134)
This one is actually two pieces but it fits to look like one. Too stinking cute.
"Ahoy" Nautical Sailor Betty Pin up Swimsuit w/Red Anchor Embroidery $98
The cherries on this 50's style pin up suit are too sweet to pass up.
Esther Williams Cherry Bathing Suit $70
This classic cut is brought to a new, funner level with the retro inspired floral pattern.
One Piece Lingerie Tank $92
JCrew's bathing suit quality should definitely be taken advantage of when a sale like this comes along.
Seaside Seersucker cross-back tank with flower $59.99 (was $76).
Finally, this handmade piece is the perfect shape and flatters most any figure.
LIZ on piece in Navy $115
Do you like this seasons retro look? What are your favorite places to buy swimsuits?
{If you haven't already, make sure to enter this weekend's giveaway. Winner will be drawn tomorrow!}

25 comments:

Jennie Bee said...

cute! i love retro looking swim pieces they look so good on everyone.

naphtali said...

Oh so cute! Love them!!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

I LOVE the retro swimsuit look. Love first one, the red one and the last one - stunning!

Unknown said...

these are fabulous. i've been dying to go swimsuit shopping too!

Ginger said...

Love it, love it, love it! I always go for anything retro, and these suits would make me feel like Norma Jean at the beach;)

Gabbi said...

I love this new trend too and that LIZ one piece in Navy is perfect.♥

Blair Friedeman said...

Yes, love it! The one in the second one is to die for! Happy Monday! xx

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh how sweet is that esther williams bathing suit? gorgeous! xo

Iva Messy said...

WOW! I'm not usually a one piece bathing suit, kind of gal.. but you did an amazing job picking these out. Halter tops are my complete favorite, I think its such an elegant cut, and is flattering for almost all types. I really love the second one!
I hope you had a nice weekend! :)

Kristen said...

I love the nautical one, the cherry one and the last blue one! I'm boring- I usually buy swimsuits at Target, because they're so inexpensive. I just don't wear them often enough to splurge on anything this fun!

miss rikki said...

love love LOVE those suits, so much in fact i have the red one from victoria's secret. but a cautionary note - its neckline is verrrrry plunging - if you've got bigger girls, beware! my fav is the navy one from LIZ. so cute!

TheBeautyFile said...

I am totally 100% sold by the use of the words, "firm control" when referring to bathing suits & under garments...love the last suit too...I am rocking this look verrrry soon...

Aline said...

I love this style....it makes me feel comfortable to run around and really play in!

Johanna said...

wow i totally just bought one this morning! http://www.babygirlboutique.com/parisian-holiday-retro-swimsuit-black.html

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Great retro suits. The last one in blue I adore. I adore the retro look in all fashion!

Elizabeth Marie said...

I love the eyelet one...and the price?! I might have to check that out! It's perfect!

Happy Monday!! XO

jess said...

Check out modcloth.com too. They have a coupld of super cute ones. I ended up finding something from Target, not as cute as these, but it works.

mrs. halimah. said...

absolutely love the one-piece retro suits.

Kellie said...

I love that 1st one!

TERI REES WANG said...

I am all over this sweet & sexy "Sienna" suit from
Salt swimwear.
http://saltswimwear.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=8

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

All the above!

xo

The Fashion Inquisitor said...

I am really digging the firm control twist one piece =]
and the cherry 50's pin up
one pieces are getting to be really sexy actually

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted a swimsuit like these because my body is more of the retro shape than most the skinny types you see now a days. I figure these kind of swimsuits will make me look good regardless of my body shape.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ok, I need that nautical number. So fabulous!

Kitchen Stories said...

I missed these on VS this weekend, hmmm, maybe I was looking for shoes. These are gorgeous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover