So, I participated in a "simple delights swap" recently held by Ms. Less is Always More of The Good Life for Less (a blog you must check out if you haven't already!)
Basically, it's a sort of gift exchange between randomly paired bloggers. Since I rarely turn down the opportunity to receive a gift I knew I had to be part of it. Here's some of what roped me in:
"I will pair you up with another lovely blogger and you guys/gals will exchange contact info and within the next week or so will put together a small package containing a simple pleasure. It could be gourmet candy, some flower seed packets, some silly postcards, a sweet little trinket, etc - don't spend a lot of money - it's more about the thoughtfulness and the simplicity - finding joy in ordinary places. A nice handwritten note would be a great addition."
I wasn't worried about who my partner in crime would be, but I was pleasantly surprised when I was paired with PS~Erin from Perfect Sentiment.
Here's what I received (pre-opening). I think one of my favorite things is receiving packages in the mail; I may just have to start sending them to myself. It was like Christmas morning without all the green and red.
The point of the Simple Delights gift exchange was to NOT spend a lot of money and it was a great reminder that some of the best gifts come straight from the heart, not the wallet.
Here's what Erin gave me:
1) Three of her own "Happy Birthday" cards. You can visit her shop here. I'm so excited to use them...why the heck did everyone have to be born in May?!
2) Two mini nail polishes, one of which is already on my toes.
3) Quite possibly the yummiest gum ever. (They have a cooling sensation, it's true!)
4) A set of Burt's Bees Lip Balm which satisfies my lip balm addiction.
5) A handwritten note, from Erin, which put a huge smile on my face.
I don't know if The Good Life for Less will be holding any more of these, but if you have the opportunity to participate, I encourage you to do so. If you're interested in seeing what I put together for the lovely Erin, you can see it on Perfect Sentiment...