Thursday, March 26, 2009

Outfit #5

Do you ever just want to get spend the day in a new place, where noone knows who you are, and you walk around looking any old way you please and just spend your time meandering? It's not that I'm unhappy and need an escape, but sometimes I just want to wander around (alone) in a fabulous outfit and feel no pretense whatsoever. I can picture myself in a marketplace looking at interesting objects, in this outfit:

Blissfully Lost
Yes, I did it, I joined Polyvore. I consider my trial run with this website blogging peer pressure. I hopped on the bandwagon (and I like to consider myself a non-conformist, but perhaps I'm delusional). True to the theme of this blog, everything you see here is affordable (I promise!), just click on the title for details. Oh and if you've never worn canvas sneakers with a feminine dress, I suggest you try it. It's quite liberating.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome! I love it! It is a great source for the now trends. It is very addictive.

Jackie said...

Blogging peer pressure-Ha! You are going to have tons of fun on there-awesome first set!

Unknown said...

I just got a weird blogger error when I tried to post my comment so sorry if you get 2!

the short version: yes, to your first question, love polyvore as well, love your hair in your prof pic!

Christina said...

thanks maegan! my hair is done up b/c i was at a "shoot" for my old stylist. i wish i could keep him in my pocket and carry him everywhere so my hair always looked good.

Callie Grayson said...

love your blissfully lost outfit! i love wearing pretty dresses with canvas shoes.

PS~Erin said...

Love your outfit and the text you put on it. I'll have to explore that next.

I love that I can put together an outfit on polyvore and not worry about the price, and then later go out and replicate it for less. Such the challenge! I just learned the 'clip to polyvore' function, so that when your shopping online, you can save images in your polyvore account to use later. Fun stuff!

kadler said...

Eek, I'm still too chicken to try polyvore! But this looks great. I love those shoes!

Noodle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blair Friedeman said...

Funny, you say that about spending a day somewhere else because that is exactly how I feel today! That is the perfect outfit (especially hate) for incognito wanderings. Have a lovely weekend.

inkWELL Press said...

Love this outfit - I can totally see myself wearing it. I've joined Polyvore, but have yet to play with it... I need to make some time to do it but I'm afraid I could get addicted! Happy weekend!

Claire Kiefer said...

Oh my gosh I'm in trouble . . . I had never heard of this website until now, and I am already sitting in my office NOT creating lesson plans and working on stuff for students, and instead creating gorgeous outfits on Polyvore! How do I show you what I made?

Christina said...

claire- check your e-mail. i'm emailing you. i need to update you on my mentee anyhow:)

UU said...

what a lovely dress! Ployvore reminds me of a website i ran across long time ago that you can actually put dress/clothes and accessories on a model and visualize the effect, but i'll have to dig my memory to find that website...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover